Wednesday, June 22, 2005

the mind... fool it...

pla·ce·bo
    1. A substance containing no medication and prescribed or given to reinforce a patient's expectation to get well.
    2. An inactive substance or preparation used as a control in an experiment or test to determine the effectiveness of a medicinal drug. Something of no intrinsic remedial value that is used to appease or reassure another.

  1. Something of no intrinsic remedial value that is used to appease or reassure another.
it's amazing... and i don't know quite how to prove it... i guess it just my plain addiction of sorts to it... long before i was addicted to another more sinister substance...
and this would be of all things... coke... not coke as in cocaine... i don't do such stuff... coke as in coca-cola...
my dad keeps harping me about how coke is bad for the health and how the insane sugar levels will get me diabetes... and he somehow has got live examples of such... but i tell you this... coke... it'ss my wonder drug...
it is my penicillin, it is my anti-biotic, it is my amphetamine, it is my pain-killer... it is to me anything that is to make a person better...
and it has proven itself time and time again... as recently as now... silly flu bug going around... and i got it... for 2 days i stayed off coke... today i got myself a bottle... VOILA! getting better already...
another good example... just reached holy land after a long, long flight plus a lousy transit at cairo... down with something... didn't know what it was... just wasn't feeling good... sister went shopping... didn't follow... asked her to get coke... she came back... had my coke... and VOILA! situation normal... s/normal...
there are a few other instances... i think... i'm sure... but examples aside... i find it simply amazing that something like coke can be used to sure ailments... but think about this... coke was originally sold in drug stores... for what i can't remember... they got rid of any medicinal properties before they decided to sell it as a soft drink... or at least that is what they say... hmmm...
oh well... if sugar can be used a placebo to treat arthritis... why not coke for common ailments i say? i guess it has got alot to do with the mind... i love coke... period... i even have a collection of coke of sorts in my room...
ok ok... disclaimer time... (so that i won't get sued) i am not saying here that when you are sick or really sick that you shuold forego seeing the doc and instead head on to the nearest shop that sells coke... (damn those places that sell JUST pepsi) it works for me... doesn't mean it definitely will work for you... so don't you go guzzling down bottles of it when say you are down with cancer or even a common cold for that matter... should you want to consider trying... be my guest... but i bear no responsiblity... but do tell me if you get better... heh heh heh...
remember people... tongue in cheek... tongue in cheek... as such... have a good life...


my precious... my love...
(a placebo indeed...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home