Thursday, June 23, 2005

too near for comfort...

ok... this is just something i would like to share... not that it is of any great significance or anything... but something nonetheless...
accidents... alot of people lose their lives to it... i was involved in a road traffic accident once... november 2003... don't ask how or why it happened... i was too busy looking at the car on my left which was getting way to close to the motorcycle i was on (as a pillion...) for comfort... but i would like to make it known that i do not blame the rider for the accident... we both are still alive and we should be thankful for it... i blame the flu jab that made him drowsy... heh heh...
anyways... people always talk about near death experiences... well... my accident was... well... one of the few i had... other than almost drowning at sentosa when i was 10...
thing is... i don't know how true it is... but people who have went through near-death experiences always proclaim that in that fleeting moment, they experience a moment of peace and see a light... yeah right... want to know what was mine... well... here goes...
upon impact... know what i was saying in my head? well... it was, "oh shit! here we go..." really... i am not kidding... i heard the bang of the collision first... then before i knew it... i was swung to the left... still on the bike... and then i was on a crash course with the road... lovely... just so happened that i had a good before-after moment... i was wearing bermudas (stussy) and during the moment of falling, it rode up my thigh... just so happened the i was looking at my thigh before it met the road... went under... then i saw it again after it met the road... all scratched and bruised... how lovely... ok ok... bang, fall, scratch, head hit road... (thank god for my helmet... owe my life, or at least my head, to it... so yes people... always wear your helmet!) stopped moving already... lifted my head to turn around... while picking myself up... there goes a car narrowly missing my head... so close that i could see the brand on the rim... lexus... ok... freaky... adrenalin rushing... blah blah... limped to the curb... across 3 lanes without looking for incoming traffic... crashed down on grassed area between road and pavement... pain kicked in... started cursing in pain... cursed and cursed and cursed some more... then... cursed alot more... profanities galore... then a message came on my mobile... 17:31... from my friend asking me to get him a burger from geylang... ish! right... some guy came around asking me if i was ok... for all his good intent, no... i wasn't... roll around on grass... took my helmet off... and my bag... checked my mobile! goodness... roll around some more... i knew i was in one piece... but my friend... well... he wasn't moving... i could see he was still alive... just not moving... then as the kind strangers struggled to carry him to the grass area where i was... i could see that he broke his leg... it was... well... not in the normal shape of a leg... but he was alive... so that was all i needed to know... blah blah blah... ambulance came... i tried walking but for all my bravado... i need a stretcher converted into a wheeled-chair or sorts... heh heh heh...
point in telling this story of mine? well... what light? what moment of peace? i was cursing... goodness... maybe it wasn't meant for me since i was probably no where near dying... but seriously... i could have been gone there and then had i not lifted up my head... i could have been ROADKILL! thing is... after much reflection... i realised that... goodness... i could have died... and my last thoughts would have been... "oh shit! here we go..." how horrible would that have been? i don't want to die that way... as such... to a certain extent... explains why... i am... mellower these days... yah yah... i hear some of you who know me going... RIGHT! but it's true... gosh...
and know what... in the hospital... i was planning to escape from it... didn't happen though... but it would have been so damn cool... heh... that's it...
oh... by the way... i know the possiblities are slim but what the heck... i would just like to thank all those strangers (and the paramedics too i guess... they had to bear me asking for water...) who came to our assistance on that day... how do you know if it was you? well... infront of parway parade, motorcycle hit back of yellow cab (i know who you are too...), 2 guys... one was stubbornly refusing help... that was me... so sorry... but thank you... like i always say... my gratitude is... eternal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home